Rebuilding the Rural Reality: From the Middle of Nowhere to the Heart of Everything
2023 Rural Schools Association Summer Conference in partnership with ONC BOCES
JULY 9 – 11 | OTESAGA RESORT | COOPERSTOWN, NEW YORK
Our annual summer conference will be held at the Otesaga Resort in Cooperstown, July 9-11, 2023. The planning committee has selected “Rebuilding the Rural Reality: From the Middle of Nowhere to the Heart of Everything” as this year’s theme.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Separate registration is required for vendors and sponsors. Please contact Scott Bischoping directly to inquire: email@example.com
Spouse Meal Registration (see below)
Thank you very much for your continued support of the Rural Schools Association. We look forward to seeing you at this year’s summer conference!
The Rural Schools Summer Conference at the Otesaga in Cooperstown will continue with some of the same traditions we have established over the many years of our conferences, but will also include some changes to enhance the value of the event.
What is the same?
– The RSA Conference will continue to run the same timeframe – from Sunday through Tuesday, July 9-11, 2023
– We will have a similar agenda with engaging keynote speakers and interesting breakout sessions selected by our conference committee
– RSA awards will be presented at each of the dinners
– We will be at the beautiful Otesaga Inn in Cooperstown enjoying some grand views and delicious meals
What is different?
– We are partnering with Otsego-Northern Catskills (ONC) BOCES to deliver an improved experience in everything from registration to program
– The registration fee for participants ($495 for the conference, $250 for one day) will include all of the meals – regardless of whether you are staying at the Otesaga. This registration is through the ONC BOCES. For questions regarding registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The Otesaga cost is just for the hotel room. In the past meals were included in the cost of the hotel instead of the registration fee.
– Through our partnership with Upstate Photography we will be offering all attendees the chance to get a free headshot that you can use for school district and/or personal use.
– Through the courtesy of Erica Ebert, a presenter at our conference in 2022, we have scheduled opportunities for Yoga in each of the mornings and a wellness break for later in the afternoon on Monday.
Any changes to existing reservations at the Otesaga should be addressed to email@example.com
Cooperstown Hotels and Motels webpage
Spouse Meals Registration
This is only available for the entirety of the conference (July 9-11). Single day and individual meal tickets are not available.
REGISTRATION FOR SPOUSE MEALS IS NOW CLOSED.
For questions regarding spouse meals registration, please contact Andrea Durmiaki at firstname.lastname@example.org
DRAFT SCHEDULE FOR SUMMER CONFERENCE
(daily schedules and agenda subject to change)
BOD Meeting: 11:30am-2pm
Conference Kickoff: 2:30-4:30pm
Breakfast: 7:00- 8:30am
Keynote: 8:30-9:30am (Kayleen McCabe)
Session 1: 9:40-10:40am (5)
Coffee Break: 10:40-11:10am
Session 2: 11:10am-12:10pm (5)
Session 3: 1:30-2:30pm (4) possible 5
Dessert Break: 2:30-3:00pm
Keynote: 3:00- 4:00pm
Pre Dinner Reception: 5:30-6:30pm
Reception C&S after dinner
Keynote: 8:30-10:00am (Tom Murray)
Sessions: 10:15-11:15am (3) possible 4